Afya Bora Consortium Fellowships in Global Health Leadership is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Fellowship year. There are 20 positions available for health professionals interested in a 12-month fellowship (starting July 2014) in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda).
The Afya Bora Consortium is a partnership of 8 academic health centers, four in Africa and four in the United States. The four pairs are:
- University of Nairobi and the University of Washington
- University of Botswana and the University of Pennsylvania
- Makerere University and Johns Hopkins University
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences and the University of California, San Francisco
The purpose of the Afya Bora Fellowship is to provide trainees with a set of practical skills that will prepare them for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health institutions in developing countries.
The 12 month training program has two components:
1) A nine-week Core Curriculum, plus three distance learning modules, and
2) Two 4.5-month assignments to sites, such as Ministries of Health, NGOs, etc. in partner African countries.
In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteriia:
1. Be a citizens of US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, or Tanzania AND
2. Meet ONE of the following education requirement:
- Medical applicants need to have a MD or MBChB with a MMed, MPH or Masters degree in related field.
- Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in Nursing, Public Health or a related field (PhD preferred).
- Other Public Health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a PhD in Public Health or a related field
For questions, contact Angela Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.